One of the most memorable parts of any Fourth of July is gathering with family and friends to watch fireworks. Many fireworks are even legal for use in West Virginia without a permit, such as sparklers, which is one way that your family can get up close with the fun. Unfortunately, thousands of people suffer injuries each and every year from the use of fireworks. With the help of an injury lawyer at the West Virginia law firm Jividen Law Offices, you may be able to recover compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering incurred.
Preventing Fireworks Injuries
There are numerous injuries that can result from the misuse of fireworks. Burns and scares are only two of the most common side effects. Oftentimes, people suffer significant injuries when a building nearby catches fire from fireworks usage.
Remember these tips to prevent harm:
- Supervise fireworks activities, especially by children. While things such as sparklers and bottle rockets may seem safe, they can result in immense personal injury.
- Keep all parts of your body away from the firework when lighting the fuse.
- Move your body back a safe distance after lighting and waiting for the firework to go off.
- Avoid picking up or standing over a firework that did not catch the light initially.
- Never point or throw fireworks at someone else’s body.
- Ensure fireworks are completely extinguished before trying to throw them out.
- Keep water and a hose handy in case fireworks get out of hand.
- Avoid using homemade fireworks and only use those purchased by a trusted retailer.
If you have suffered a fireworks accident, there are numerous people that can be held accountable for your injuries. Working with our team of West Virginia injury lawyers can help determine if fireworks manufacturers, or organizations and people that host fireworks shows can be held liable for the accident and pay you the compensation that is owed.
Jividen Law Offices offers a free case consultation and works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that working with us is at no cost to you. Find out more!